Services | Expat Group | Information about the Services of Expat Group


After your arrival in the Netherlands there are numerous formalities to be taken care of. Expat Group is there to help you every step of the way.

A new country also means a totally different infrastructure and way of transportation. We make sure to make you comfortable with all the transportation possibilities the Netherlands has to offer.

Moving to a new country also means finding a new home. With our expertise and knowledge of local areas, we can help you find the ideal home away from home.

Moving to a new country also means to take some administrative hurdles to find your way regarding finances, tax and insurance. Expat Group can refer you to our experts in these fields of expertise.

The educational system and way of teaching will be different from your home country. Expat Group can help you find the right childcare solution, school or language lessons for you and your family.

At Expat Group we believe a successful integration in a new country starts with knowledge about your new environment. Expat Group offers intercultural training to educate the international transferee on recognizing multi-cultural differences and how to overcome obstacles.


Living in the Netherlands comes with a number of formalities that need to be taken care of. In short we will mention the most important formalities, where Expat Group can help you and your family in the process.

Registration as resident in the Netherlands

EU-residents and residents from the EEA (European Economic Area)

To register at the BRP for residence in the Netherlands, you must make an appointment at the municipality where you live in. This should be done within 5 days after your arrival in the Netherlands.

If you have a partner and/or children, they will also need to be registered. When your registration is completed and you are a EU-resident, a BSN (Citizen Service Number) will be issued to you and your family.

We can help you with the process of registration for you and your family. We can supply a list of documents needed, make the appointment and assist you there as well.

non-EU residents or if you are from outside the European Economic Area.

Please contact us so we can advice you on the documentation and process required for your status.

Driver’s license

You are able to drive with a foreign driver’s license for a period of time that is dependent on the country where it was obtained.

We can provide you with the correct information and make sure that you will be able to drive safe in the Netherlands.